We are a creativity company that delivers business impact by involving people in brand experiences.
We: Seek Unconvention, Work Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Well (Our Values)
To achieve this vision, the Business Leadership team ensures the growth and development of our clients’ companies and brands by using knowledge of their businesses to focus the agency’s creativity. Ultimately, we drive and champion brilliant work.
Summary: (The Elevator Pitch – “who I am”): The Business Manager applies foundational knowledge to business goals and problems, generating insights and developing internal/external POVs while managing the client relationship.
Role: (“What I do”): The Business Manager applies their knowledge of a client’s business and industry to bring business and marketing insights to clients; offering a strong point of view, the Business Manager works with the Business Strategist to identify the business problems that the agency can solve, and recommends solution that connect the dots between data and goal. The Business Manager also uses their insight to inspire creativity, helping internal teams and managing clients in planning and execution.
Accountabilities: (“What I am responsible for”: detail Processes, Systems, People, Policies owned by the role):
- Oversee and contribute to research on the client’s landscape, its industry (category) and its competitors
- Provide recommendations on advertising and marketing problems that the agency’s creativity in delivering brand experiences can solve
- Analysis of research findings through the lens of potential implications and challenges
- Synthesis of this knowledge into articulate POVs and recommendations
- Participation in brainstorms and creation of presentations
- Contribution in strategy development, connections planning and potentially creative development
- Client management during execution of work
- Support for the Business Strategy Lead to complete tasks as needed
Competencies: (Skills I have):
- Meticulous researcher and evaluator – able to use the web and online tools to follow trends and news and divine meaningful results
- Ability to clearly articulate a point of view or opinion and argue/defend it, verbally and in writing
- Critical business thinker – has ideas about what will make a client successful and feels confident articulating it
- Brainstormer – Assured contributor in ideation sessions
- Solid presenter
- Thinks beyond the scope of the work - proactively seeks out and willingly articulates strategic initiatives to enhance the client value and deepen the brand engagement
Qualifications and Tools of the Trade:
2-5 Years experience in marketing, preferably at an ad agency in a client services role dedicated to business and strategy
Bachelors Degree preferred, but it does not need to be in a business field
Reports To: Business Strategy Lead or Associate Business Strategy Director
Direct Reports: None, potential oversight of a Business Analyst
Where can I go from here? (Potential career paths) On demonstrating solid ability to generate insights and solve business problems, the Business Manager position leads to a Business Strategist position. If, during the process, the Business Manager finds they are more interested in the culture and consumer side of the strategy foundation than the business side, they could move into the Culture & Insights group as a Junior Planner or Planner.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org